Age: 8 – 15 weeks (under 4 months)
Date: Open Enrollment* (year round)
Time: Tuesdays, 6:45 – 7:30 pm
Duration: 4 weeks plus orientation**
Fee: $80; ($68 for CAS adopters)
Instructor: Caitlin Kuczko, CPDT-KA, CTDI
Did you know a puppy’s brain is already adult-like by eight weeks old? This means your puppy is already learning and making life-long memories and habits. Why wait to start training? Why let your puppy develop bad habits?
Bring your puppy to this weekly puppy school to learn:
- Common Puppy problems
- Potty training issues, nipping, and chewing
- Good habits
- Manners like polite greetings
- Foundation skills like coming when called
- Obedience such as sit and down
- Proper socialization
Socialization is an effective vaccination against problem behaviors
Puppyhood is the most critical developmental stage in a dog’s life! This course aids owners during the puppy’s socialization period, and helps develop foundation skills. Your puppy will meet a variety of people, other puppies, and new items during class. This course focuses on positive and proactive socialization –what does that mean? Come to class and find out!
- Allows students to join class when a spot is open
- Instead of waiting 6 – 8 weeks for a new class
- Allows students to start at any point in the curriculum
- Different training topics each week
- Mandatory Orientation offered every other Sunday
- Upon registering you will receive a link where you can sign up for Orientation and your weekly sessions
**Orientation is free! Class is 4 consecutive weeks. Makeup sessions can be purchased for $25.
IMPORTANT: Before you can sign your dog up for a class, you must read and approve the Charleston Animal Society Dog Training Terms and Conditions CLICK HERE.