Offsite Adoption Counselor
Reports to: Adoption Manager / Director of Community Engagement
Work with prospective adopters at offsite adoption venues. Represent organization in a professional
manner. Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
Essential responsibilities and duties:
1. Load and transport animals to offsite locations
2. Set up caging, table, signage and tent.
3. Greet customers and potential adopters.
4. Answer questions in a professional manner.
5. Maintain offsite adoption log and adoption records.
6. Perform & explain the necessary paperwork to complete the adoption process with the adopter
7. Work with all staff to maintain high standards of customer service.
8. Input of adoption information into Petpoint database.
9. Cleaning van and caging after each transport.
10. Reconciliation of opening cash and end of day cash.
11. Remove cage cards from adopted animals kennels.
12. Other duties as assigned by direct supervisor or other managers.
Essential skills/qualifications for this position:
1. Exceptional customer service skills.
2. High degree of organizational and communication skill.
3. Basic knowledge of animal handling, care, and maintenance.
4. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
5. Stand on feet for up to 10 hours a day.
6. Continually clean
7. Basic data entry knowledge